Friday, October 23, 2009

Where It All Began...

Here is one of the first denim quilts to inspire me. My mom made denim quilts for graduations, weddings, etc. and I loved the one that she gave me to take to college. It still is on my bed to this day and is the most indestructible quilt I own.

Now I have started taking over the construction of these quilts for my mom and I to give out to friends and family. Typically they are throw size-the perfect size to curl up on the couch and watch a movie.

Over the years we have produced more than 25 of these simple denim quilts. All of the denim used for these quilts comes from old jeans we have picked out of our stash. The stash consists of garage sale jeans and those pairs donated to us by friends and family. Some of the most unique quilts are constructed using colored denim from the past.

We use mostly flannel and sometimes twill on the back in a contrasting stripe, plaid, or print. This makes the quilt even cozier and more cherished to the recipient.

If you are interested in this type of quilt, please email me your thoughts and ideas.










No comments:

Post a Comment