Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cabin Fever

It has been a while since I last updated the blog and I have been busy. I had a lot of projects to get done for the holidays as gifts and finally I have had time to get some new things made. It has been a long winter with all the snow that we have received and I am hoping that spring is in the near future. Each snowy day I hope that it is our last, but I suppose there is still some winter left for us. At least the cold and snowy weather helps me to stay inside and create more.

I have a new bag that is available for sale now. It is the same patchwork design that I have previously designed but I have made some additions. I added a pocket inside the bag that can be used for easy access to your cell phone or lip color. I also tacked on a layered denim flower with button embellishment. The tote bag is lined with pink and purple swirled cotton. The pocket is from a pair of discarded jeans; the handles are pink nylon belting. This bag is to be machine washed and laid flat to dry.


Another new design I finished recently were accent pillows with wording. The pillows I made have the words Faith, Hope, & Love hand appliqued on them. The denim pillows are pieced together with different tones of denim and the words are cut from wool felt. I used a buttonhole stitch with coordinating embroidery floss to attach the words onto the denim pillow. I have stuffed the pillows with fiberfill to just the right fullness for decorative needs.


These pillows can be done many different ways. A family name, initials, or other combinations of words to fit your life and preferences are all possible. There are also more than 60 colors of wool felt that can be used for the letters leaving the combinations as far as your imagination will take it. At this time one pillow will be priced at $15, two pillows at $25, and three pillows at $35. If you are interested in any accent pillows, please contact me and I can design pillows that are specific to your wants.


If there are any other ideas that you have please let me know and I can see what I can do. I am currently working on a quilt design as well as potholders and coasters. Hope that the remaining winter days fly by and that Spring will be upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment